Cricket – Mark Waugh – Signed ‘Catching History’ Print
‘D Gough, ct MA Waugh, bwd JN Gillespie 1’
At Lord’s, the spiritual home of cricket, on Sunday July 22, 2001; Mark Waugh, fielding at 2nd slip moved quickly to his right and snared a catch offered by English player, Darren Gough. A fine slips catch in isolation and safely held, but this one catch took Mark Waugh past the mark set by Mark Taylor to create a new World Record for most Test match catches, 158. Garnered from a very long Test career over 113 matches fielding mostly in the slips area, and with his career continuing, many people predict that as a result of these factors the eventual ‘mark’ set by Mark Waugh, will stand the test of time… Only time will tell, but if it does, it will be not least because of the fact that Mark Waugh remains one of the best, safest and most spectacular catchers of a 163 gram piece of red leather, ever to take to a cricket field.
‘Catching History’ – a vivid chronicle of the victories
This limited issue commemorative has been created to mark this world record … ‘Catching History’. Featuring stunning photography,each edition has been hand-signed by record-breaker, Mark Waugh. Officially licensed by the ACB, this is a non-repeatable limited edition of just 500.
Superb action photographs… the record comes to life
Eight superb colour photographs bring the achievement vividly to life, with the large centerpiece showing the actual record-breaking catch – to win the Lord’s Test… and to claim the world record. This is the photograph that has been individually hand-signed by Mark Waugh. Additional action photographs reveal the distinctive style of one of the safest and most spectacular ‘hands’ in world cricket taking trademark slips screamers.
Test by Test, catch by catch
From ‘Victim #1’, Mike Atherton in ’90/’91, to #158, Darren Gough at Lord’s; all ten years of catches are detailed. Study them dismissal by dismissal – and chart the course of an epic world record in the making. Also included is a written tribute to his accomplishment.
By special arrangement with Mark Waugh, this is the only commemorative piece ever to be released marking the breaking of the record. As such, its availability is extremely limited. Only 500 editions have been published.
Each Mark Waugh ‘Catching History’ Print is;
- Personally signed by Mark Waugh
- Limited edition of 500 units worldwide
- Officially licensed by the ACB
- Approx. print dimensions of 700mm x 500mm
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $20.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent)
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.