Hawthorn Hawks – The General – Luke Hodge Farewell Signed and Framed Guernsey
The name Luke Hodge is synonymous with moments of grandeur and triumph, leadership and courage, skill and passion. Hodge became only the 8th Hawthorn player to join the 300 club and joins names such as Tuck, Matthews, Crawford, Mitchell, Moore, Scott and Langford. These 300 games has seen Luke Hodge build one of the greatest CV’s in the AFL; 4-time Premiership player, 2-time Norm Smith Medallist and 3-time Premiership captain. Hodge embodies the traits required to not only star at the top level, but also lead his troops to AFL’s ultimate glory. Along the way, he has twice been awarded the Peter Crimmins Medal as Hawthorn’s Best & Fairest and a 3-time All Australian, paying further tribute to his standing at our proud club. After 300 games only one word can suitably describe Hodge’s career – Greatness.
Playing his 250th game in the 2014 Grand Final, Hodge joined an elite group of footballers, becoming only the third multiple Norm Smith medallist, joining another Hawthorn legend Gary Ayres and Adelaide maestro Andrew McLeod, who went back-to-back in 1997 and 1998.
While it is only the best that ever get the opportunity to represent the Hawks on the biggest stage, it takes someone special to lead them – one who has the perfect blend of talent, commitment, relentlessness and determination. One who inspires, leads by example, and only ever looks back to help his comrades join overcome adversity and join him in shared excellence. One who shows a willingness to carry his soldiers in times of trouble, yet shows humility in his successes.
As Luke Hodge prepares to become the eighth Hawk to reach the 300 game milestone, HawksNest, in conjunction with the AFL and AFL Players Association, is proud to release ‘LUKE HODGE CAREER RETROSPECTIVE GUERNSEY DISPLAY – THE GENERAL’ – a tribute that recognises not just the man himself but also his stunning list of accolades. Stock is strictly limited, so secure yours now to avoid disappointment.
Each The General – Luke Hodge Farewell Signed and Framed Guernsey –
- Pays tribute to Luke Hodge’s decorated 16-season career, in which he led Hawthorn to three consecutive Premierships
- This stunning display features six replica AFL medals – four Premiership Medals and two Norm Smith Medals – integrated into the display as an homage to Hodge’s heroics in four Grand Finals in a stunning decade of dominance
- Features a 2016 Hawthorn home guernsey personally signed by Hodge. The Guernsey has been specially chosen for its iconic logo, highlighting the Premiership three-peat over which Hodge presided
- Exclusive signing session presided over by the AFL Players’ Association to protect your investment, in the assurance that you’re purchasing legitimate signed memorabilia commissioned with the express endorsement of the AFL and Luke Hodge
- Includes key statistics and an iconic collection of stills from throughout Hodge’s career
- Edition size will ultimately be limited to the number of games Hodge plays (current anticipated edition size is 306)
- Accompanied by an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Presented in a deluxe timber frame, made from high-quality timber sourced from FSC-accredited suppliers
- Approximate framed dimensions are an impressive 1000 x 790 mm
- Dispatched within 28 days of Luke’s last game so as to be a complete statistical and pictorial representation of his outstanding career.