Hawthorn Hawks – Team of the Century Jamie Cooper Print
The Greatest Hawks of all time line up in victorious celebration of this mighty club’s lineage. 100 years of proud history are shown in a celebration ritual that developed in the modern era. The linking of arms.
The greats line up along the member’s flank at Glenferrie Oval in front of the iconic Michael Tuck Stand and a packed crowd featuring all of the club’s past presidents.
Dermie pumps his fist in delight and holds his bombers scalp, symbolising the great battles between the two clubs over the past 20 years and his famous barnstorming dash through the middle of their 3/4 time huddle…the ultimate act of bravado typical of the man’s courage and cockiness.
Dipper is supported by his mates as he clutches his broken ribs, harbouring a deflating lung…an injury that he played the entire 1989 winning grand final with!!!
Buckenara holds his arms aloft in victory; a pose taken from the famous moment his preliminary final winning shot for goal sailed through the big sticks.
Matthews and Graham Arthur lead the pack in the centre. Although Arthur was rightly picked as Captain, Matthews is seen in front. Arthur rests a supportive hand on his shoulder as the bloodied “Lethal Leigh” stares, steely eyed at us. He is the spiritual leader of this group.
If you look very closely at Leigh’s left elbow you can just make out a few orange tufts of hair!
The meanest, stingiest, talented and most fearsome backlines to ever grace the field were those of Hawthorn in the 1970’s and 1980’s. Ayres, Knights, Mew and Moore were the backbone and seen here side by side as an impermeable brick wall of defence.
The hawks are circling in the sky and one is actually coming in to roost at its nest on the turret of the grand stand.
The 500 prints sold out swiftly.
The painting hangs proudly at the club’s new facilities at Waverley.
Hawthorn Team of the Century
B Gary Ayres – Kelvin Moore – Albert Mills
HB Col Austen – Chris Mew – Peter Knights
C Robert DiPierdomenico – Jim Bohan – Brendan Edwards
HF Graham Arthur (Cap) – Dermott Brereton – Gary Buckenara
F Jason Dunstall – Peter Hudson – John Platten
R Don Scott – Michael Tuck – Leigh Matthews
INTERCHANGE: Chris Langford, Ian Law, Roy Simmonds, Paul Salmon
COACH: John Kennedy
- Artist Proof from Jamie Coopers personal collection
- Signed by Jamie Cooper
- Print Size: 1000 mm x 550 mm
- Certificate of Authenticity by Jamie Cooper
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $40.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.