Horse Racing – Equine Excellence – Phar Lap, Makybe Diva & Carbine
Celebrating Australia’a most iconic Melbourne Cup champions.
Carbine, nicknamed “Old Jack,” started 43 times for 33 wins, six seconds and three thirds, failing to place only once due to a badly split hoof. He set a weight-carrying record of 10 st 5 lb (66 kg) in the Cup, beating a field of 39 starters.
Phar Lap, ‘The Red Terror’, was the ultimate people’s horse. He was a winner 37 times from 51 starts. The year 1930 was Phar Lap’s year, racing 21 times for 19 victories and two placings. The highlight of Phar Lap’s amazing seven day stretch in the spring carnival, was his dominant three length victory in the Melbourne Cup, as the shortest priced favourite in race history at odds of 8/11.
In 2005 Makybe Diva defied all the odds to record her third consecutive Melbourne Cup. Immediately after the race, trainer Lee Freedman said of the achievement: “Go find the smallest child on this course, and there will be the only example of a person who will live long enough to see that again.”
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Officially licensed by VRC
- Limited Edition of 1000 units worldwide
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $17.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.