Black Caviar – Signed & Framed Limited Edition Lightning Strikes Whip
As the whole of Australia sat on the edge of their seats in front of their televisions in late June 2012, we feared as a collective that perhaps the reign of Australia’s greatest ever sprinter was to prematurely burn out. The fairytale continued though, as we cheered Black Caviar home against all odds, with later reports of mid race injuries that were debilitating, agonising and undoubtedly career threatening. Was this to be the end?
Like any great racing story though, there was plenty of turf left to cover. As Peter Moody announced Black Caviar’s return in the Black Caviar Lightning, punters observed a noticeably larger horse than the one that left for Royal Ascot, not the well-oiled champion we had come to almost expect. Others questioned whether the competitive fire still burned, or whether Ascot’s performance was a warning that enough was enough.
How wrong they were. Black Caviar silenced any doubts with a performance at Flemington that was as dominant as it was due. In front of a near 30,000 strong sea of salmon and black, the undefeated mare reminded us why we love her. Victory was all but assured with Luke Nolen’s subtle drop of the reins, resulting in an unprecedented third Lightning victory coupled with the breaking of Flemington’s 1000m record, a mark that had stood for 25 years.
in conjunction with Black Caviar’s connections, is pleased to present ‘Lightning Strikes’, a commemoration of her third consecutive victory in the Group 1 Black Caviar Lightning. Featuring a whip signed by Luke Nolen and backed by images from each of her three wins, this is piece is a must for horse racing fans and astute collectors alike.
- Features a whip personally signed by Black Caviar’s jockey Luke Nolen
- Limited to only 123 units worldwide
- Presented in a deluxe timber frame
- Framed to archival standards
- Authenticated by A-Tag
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Officially licensed and endorsed by Black Caviar’s Connections
- Approximate Framed dimensions 900 x 550 mm
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.