Boxing – Barry Michael Signed & Framed Limited Edition ‘The Boxers’
Barry Michael was a journeyman fighter regarded by some as past his prime when he stunned those critics on July 12, 1985 by winning the IBF World Junior Lightweight title.
Like so many before him, Barry Michael started his career on Melbourne’s TV Ringside in June 1973. His first title was the Victorian Lightweight title in 1975, adding the Junior Lightweight title the next year. He first surprised boxing followers by winning the Australian Lightweight title by beating Billy Mulholland in 1978. He defended this title for seven years. In 1981, he took another step by claiming the Commonwealth crown from Zimbabwean, Langon Tinago, but soon after lost it. To some it looked like the pugilistic career of Barry Michael had run its course… until another Victorian, Lester Ellis, won the IBF World Junior Lightweight crown and started looking around for a local challenger.
With proper time and diet, Michael reduced his fighting weight down, and a capacity crowd packed Festival Hall in Melbourne on July 12, 1985 to see the seasoned veteran, 30 year old Barry Michael, challenge the young lion, 20 year old Lester Ellis for Ellis’ world championship belt which he had held for just 5 months. In a very tough encounter, Michael outsmarted Ellis over 15 rounds, winning on points.
Barry Michael made three successful defences of his title before surrendering it in 1987, bringing his Indian Summer to an end.
Each Barry Michael Print is;
- Independently authenticated by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Includes important biographical information, full career statistics and photographic information
- Selected highlights have been beautifully embossed
- Personally signed by: Barry Michael
- Limited Edition: 350
- Unframed: 390 mm x 390 mm (approx)
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $25.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.