Boxing – Muhammad Ali – Signed Boxing Glove and Action Photos
In this time of ‘Olympic Fever’ it is an ideal opportunity to reflect on the 1960 Olympics in Rome and remember the moment that that launched the career of the greatest athlete the world has ever known….An 18-year-old from Louisville named Cassius Clay, later know as Mohammad Ali, defeated Zbigniew Pietrzykowski of Poland to win the Heavyweight Gold Medal.
His credentials as an amateur boxer were there for all to see: 100 victories in 108 bouts. Before the Games, Sports Illustrated declared that he was the USA’s best hope for a medal in boxing, but there was no real sense that a worldwide star was about to be unleashed.
He made an impact on the people he met and earned the nickname “the mayor of the Olympic Village”. In his peerless biography of Muhammad Ali, Thomas Hauser recalls one unnamed team-mate saying: “You would have thought he was running for mayor. He went around introducing himself and learning other people’s names and swapping team lapel pins. If they’d had an election, he would have won in a walk.”
He possessed blinding speed, incredible agility and a charisma that took boxing to its most popular heights. By the end career he would simply be known as
Your Ali Glove features:
- High Quality Personal signature of Muhammad Ali
- Accompanied by Certificate of Authenticity
- 6 Action Photos included
- ‘MUHAMMED ALI’ cut into the Matt board at top
- ‘I am the Greatest’ cut into the Matt board down below
- Approximate dimensions of 1150mm x 950mm x 150mm
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $60.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery..