Collingwood Magpies – Dane Swan Signed & Framed Limited Edition “One of a Kind” Jumper
Dane Swan represents one of modern football’s most remarkable stories. Taken deep in the 2001 AFL National Draft, Swan’s laid back approach to the game saw him get limited opportunities in his first four seasons. 2006, however, was a break-out season, as Swan played 21 games as a rotational midfielder, polling the first Brownlow votes of his career. His first nine rounds in that season saw him average 26 disposals – including a four-goal, best on ground performance against Geelong – and it was then that the outside world began to pay attention to this emerging Magpie star. After being a crucial, dominant member of Collingwood’s 2010 Premiership team, Swan was awarded the 2011 Brownlow Medal, polling 34 votes – a record under the 3-2-1 voting system that stands to this day.
A strongly-built inside midfielder who was equally dangerous going forward, Swan’s amazing ability to surprise his opponents was a key element of his midfield domination. Time after time, he would out-run taggers courtesy of his deceptive pace, powering from contest to contest. One-on-one in the forward line, Swan’s underrated ability to take overhead marks on a taller opponent added yet another dimension to his game. After an injury-plagued 2014, he returned to stellar form in 2015, averaging 29 disposals and a goal per game, as well as reaching the 250-game milestone – proving that there was still life in the tattooed champion.
With a Premiership Medal, Brownlow Medal, three Copeland Trophies, and five All-Australian selections under his belt, the player once known more for the artwork on his arm, will now forever be deservedly recognised for, and judged by, his remarkable deeds in the black and white jumper of his beloved Pies.
ONE OF A KIND – DANE SWAN CAREER RETROSPECTIVE SIGNED JUMPER
- The ultimate tribute to Dane Swan’s outstanding career
- Each hand-signed guernsey is presented in a deluxe showcase display
- A replica of Swan’s 2010 Premiership Medal, 2011 Brownlow Medal and three Copeland Trophy medals (2008-2010) will be integrated in the display
- Strictly limited to 100 editions worldwide to ensure its rarity
- Lists completed career statistics, key achievements and imagery from Swan’s unparalleled career
- Approximate framed dimensions are an impressive 1000 x 790 mm
- Accompanied by an individually numbered AFL & AFLPA-endorsed Certificate of Authenticity