Cricket – Steve Waugh – Signed World Cup Days Of Glory Shirt
During 16 years from 1986 until 2002, Steve Waugh has been the one constant in the Australian One Day team. His epic one day career has spanned 3 decades and including the distinction of having played the most One Day internationals of any Australian player and the 3rd most in history. From the days of struggle, to days of glory, his reassuring presence has added backbone to the batting and bite to the bowling.
He was a key player, as an attacking all-rounder, in Australia’s victory in the 1987 World Cup. His finest One Day career moment however, was when he raised the World Cup at Lords in 1999 as captain. This was a triumph for determination and grit in the face of near-impossible odds… after two early losses, the team needed to remain undefeated for seven consecutive matches. Leading by example, Steve Waugh and senior players turned the tide in a series of heart-stopping matches, culminating in a memorable Final, where the Australian team fulfilled its real potential – crushing the outrageously talented Pakistan side.
One Day International Statistics 1986 – 2002
Stephen Rodger Waugh
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct
325 288 58 7569 120* 32.90 75.91 3 45 111
O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
1480.3 56 6761 195 34.67 4-33 3 0 45.5 4.56
The Shirt That Symbolized World Cup Glory
Steve Waugh’s ’99 Cricket World Cup Strip – recreated at full-size
His Greatest Limited Overs Triumph
Steve Waugh’s greatest One Day career moment has been selected as the centrepiece of this release…
When he raised the World Cup at Lords in 1999, it was as a captain and player who led by example against overwhelming odds. The distinctive One Day strip emblazoned with the Southern Cross that he wore during the campaign is now available to collectors and lovers of sport in a very special limited issue.
The shirt itself has long been out of production. A special allotment was recreated by ASICS for collectors only. Accurate to the last detail, the strip also has the name ‘Steve Waugh’ and number ‘1’ on the reverse.
Superbly presented in a lockable timber and acrylic showcase, your Steve Waugh One Day Shirt is enhanced by the display cabinet, which allows the shirt to fall naturally without any artificial folding or mounting. A written and photographic tribute sealed in acrylic is suspended beneath the shirt.
Each edition has been prominently hand-signed by Steve Waugh. Licensed by the ACB and the ACA, this is a non-repeatable limited edition of just 250. Please hurry to secure this collectable celebration of Australia’s most steadfast, uncompromising longest serving One Day cricketer, SR Waugh.
- Personally signed by Steve Waugh
- Limited edition of 250 units worldwide
- Officially licensed by Cricket Australia
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Authenticated and Certified by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Approx. frame dimensions of 1150mm x 800mm x 100mm
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $50.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent)
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.