Motorsport – Moto GP – Wayne Gardner Signed and Framed ‘Working Class Hero’ Lithograph
At Goiania, Brazil, on September 27 1987, Wayne Gardner rode his Rothmans Honda across the finish line, and into history. This represented more than a single Grand Prix win, it was a motorsport milestone. With victory in this race, Wayne Gardner claimed the 500cc World Championship, becoming the first Australian rider to succeed at the highest level. Now, this magnificent signed, limited issue Commemorative Lithograph has been created to mark this feat.
Only rarely has the Australian nation embraced a sporting hero as it has Wayne Gardner. He was the everyday hero, idolized by the everyday Australian who identified with his Wollongong working class roots and easygoing manner.
Recognized as one of the most attacking riders ever seen on the 500cc World Motorcycle Championship stage, his duels with other greats such as Eddie Lawson and Kenny Roberts presented gripping racing and bursts of adrenaline for fans all around the world.
He pioneered the path for other Australian riders to race with confidence on the world stage. In 1987, after years of hard work, struggle and single-minded determination, he showed that an Australian could not only ride with the best, but beat the best by winning the 500cc World Motorcycle Championship with 7 race victories, 10 poles, and 9 lap records.
The commemorative lithograph features breathtaking sports photography provided by the official Rothmans photographer. The pictures have been selected from 1987 and 1988 – the year that he won the championship and his year as reigning champion. The story of Wayne Gardner’s phenomenal motorsport achievements is told in a written tribute.
Each edition has been boldly hand-signed by Wayne Gardner in silver, metallic ink emblazoned across the featured photograph of Gardner sweeping into a corner. Each comes with a ‘PricewaterhouseCoopers Certificate of Authenticity & Limitation’. the silver filet inserts that complement the signature. Selected areas of the lithograph have been finely detailed with precision embossing and metallic stamping for added impact.
Just 500 of Working Class Hero have been produced and no more will ever be available. To ensure that you are one of the 500 proud owners of this dramatic collectable, please act quickly to reserve yours.
Each Lithograph features;
- Individually hand signed by Wanye Gardner
- Limited edition of 500prox size 750mm x 600mm
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers authenticated
- Presented in a deluxe timber frame
- Comes ready to hang with rigid string line for easy wall mounting
- Please note – item image is conceptual. Finished products may contain a different frame style – If you wish to order a particular frame style please contact staff or include comment when order placed online.
Shipping / Delivery
- Delivery costs are applicable to any location within Australia and will be calculated at checkout.
- International Shipping will incur additional shipping fees – Further Shipping Fees will apply to your country and must be paid by the Purchaser
- To protect your investment, TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA engages premium courier services that will deliver direct to your door. As such, please ensure that you provide details of your best daytime delivery address, noting that PO Boxes are NOT an option for courier services.
- Please note that the majority of deliveries occur between 9am – 5pm. Please ensure you are entering your most accessible address for this time period (consider your work address as an alternative to your residential address.)
- TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA’s standard delivery timeframes are 7-10 business days (will be longer for international delivery)
- When your order has been despatched, online tracking information will be e-mailed to you. From here, you’ll be able to track the transit of your piece from our door to your door, every step of the way.
- To ensure its safety, all items require the recipient to sign for the package upon arrival; the package cannot be left unattended.
- Please contact us at email@example.com with any direct enquiries.