Rugby Union – 2001 Australian Wallabies Vs. British Lions – Signed and Framed ‘Tamed’ Print
The most anticipated match in world Rugby culminated on Saturday July 14 2001, with the kick-off to Rugby’s clash of the titans in the decider at Stadium Australia.
On a crisp winter night, in a pulsating Stadium Australia, Australia’s Wallaby team vanquished a once invincible foe… the team from the British Isles known as the Lions. Australia had been trying since 1899 to defeat them in a series and, in an arena swathed in the yellow and red of the teams supporters, the final Rugby frontier was crossed by a Wallaby side who added the Tom Richards Cup to an already bulging trophy cabinet.
The excitement of that moment has been captured by Legends Genuine Memorabilia in ‘Tamed’, a very special limited issue commemorative.
This collectable release from Australian Rugby and Legends Genuine Memorabilia marks one of the most special moments in Australian Rugby history. In accordance with the special nature of this new release, every member of the Test squad selected against the Lions has individually hand-signed the piece – from captain John Eales, through scrumhalf George Gregan, to fullback Matt Burke, all 26 players plus coach Macqueen have set their personal signatures to it.
Breathtaking photography – 180 degrees of action
Captured on special Noblex cameras, the 3 sweeping panoramas have preserved the historic atmosphere… The large centerpiece features the start to the decider as the Wallabies kick-off deep into Lions territory at Stadium Australia . The large-format negatives ensure that every piece of detail has been conserved. Also showcased is an Australian lineout win, and a spectacular try. Accompanying text lists all of the statistical details, describes the events depicted, and lists every Wallaby player from all 3 Test matches.
Personally signed by victorious team – 27 signatures
Surrounding the centrepiece are the players – Australia’s Wallaby squad – all 26 selected in the 3 Tests, plus victorious outgoing coach Macqueen. The photo is hand-signed in light-fast ink by every member of the winning squad – whether they were selected in one game or all three, along with coach Macqueen. From superstars Eales, Larkham, Gregan to all of the newly-capped Wallabies – Justin Harrison, Brendan Cannon, Ben Darwin, Nick Stiles, David Lyons and George Smith.
A rare collectable of a rare event
In keeping with the uniqueness of the moment, the limited issue number has been kept very low… just 500 of ‘Tamed’ will ever be made available.
The integrity of the limited issue is protected by the major independent chartered accounting firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers, who attend the signings and who supply a handsome, numbered ‘PricewaterhouseCoopers Certificate Of Authenticity and Limitation’. Additionally, it is fully endorsed by Australian Rugby as Official Licensed Wallaby Memorabilia.
Each Wallabies vs Lions Print is;
- Personally signed by victorious team – 27 signatures
- Limited edition of 500 world-wide
- Officially licensed by Wallaby Memorabilia
- Fully endorsed by Australian Rugby
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Authenticated and Certified by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Approx. frame dimensions of 1000mm x 600mm
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $35.00
- International Shipping will incur additional shipping fees – Further Shipping Fees will apply to your country and must be paid by the Purchaser
- For International Shipping Fees please email our head office at email@example.com
- Please Allow up to 7-10 Days for your product to arrive (will be longer for international delivery)
- Items are delivered Australia-Wide by Fastway Couriers
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order and may therefore incur additional delivery time