Rugby Union – Australian Wallabies – Stephen Larkham Signed & Framed ‘The Kick That Won The Cup’ Print
On Saturday, October 30, the Wallabies World Cup campaign hung by a thread. In a stomach-churning, hand-wringing, semi-final against the powerful Springbok team at Twickenham, 80 minutes of regular time had failed to separate the two teams.
In extra time, it was the South African team who appeared to have the ascendancy. With the scores welded together at 21 – 21, Steve Larkham decided to attempt his first drop-goal in International Rugby from 45 metres out. The rest, as they say, is history.
It was the defining moment of the Wallabies 1999 World Cup campaign. In that heart-stopping semi-final, Steve Larkham broke the extra time deadlock with an amazing drop-goal, putting the team back on the road to ultimate glory one week later.
Australia’s pre-eminent sports artist, Brian Clinton, has meticulously brought to life in a dramatic way this classic Rugby moment featuring one of the modern masters of the game. His celebrated ‘hyper-realism’ style has masterfully captured every detail of the photograph. From the finest engraving on the Webb Ellis Cup to the faintest stitching on the Wallaby jersey badges, every nuance has been brilliantly captured.
Prominent in the foreground is the drop-goal itself – Larkham drops the ball to kick as the South African defenders swarm at him … other vignettes depict his team mates rushing to congratulate him as the ball soars through the posts … and in characteristic pose – attacking the line with football in hand… and all surrounding the central scene pictured after the Final with the Webb Ellis Cup safely in Australia’s keeping.
- Personally hand signed by Stephen Larkham
- Limited Edition of 500 units
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Authenticated and Certified by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Approx. unframed dimensions of 390mm x 600mm
- Deluxe Frame
Shipping / Delivery
- Delivery costs are applicable to any location within Australia and will be calculated at checkout.
- International Shipping will incur additional shipping fees – Further Shipping Fees will apply to your country and must be paid by the Purchaser
- To protect your investment, TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA engages premium courier services that will deliver direct to your door. As such, please ensure that you provide details of your best daytime delivery address, noting that PO Boxes are NOT an option for courier services.
- Please note that the majority of deliveries occur between 9am – 5pm. Please ensure you are entering your most accessible address for this time period (consider your work address as an alternative to your residential address.)
- TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA’s standard delivery timeframes are 7-10 business days (will be longer for international delivery)
- When your order has been despatched, online tracking information will be e-mailed to you. From here, you’ll be able to track the transit of your piece from our door to your door, every step of the way.
- To ensure its safety, all items require the recipient to sign for the package upon arrival; the package cannot be left unattended.
- Please contact us at email@example.com with any direct enquiries.