Tennis – Pete Sampras – “Merlin in White” Signed and Framed Sportsprint
From the first of his record 14 Grand Slam titles as a 19 year old in 1990, to his final victory at the U.S Open 12 years later, Pete Sampras produced the greatest serve ‘n’ volley attack in the modern game, spending an incredible 286 weeks as world number one.
Known as “Pistol Pete”, the American right-hander turned his racquet into a formidable weapon, which carried him to 64 singles titles, including 7 Wimbledon, 5 U.S and 2 Australian Open crowns. His Australian Open success in 1994 followed wins at Wimbledon and the U.S. the previous year — making him the first player since the legendary Rod Laver in 1969 to win three Grand Slam titles in a row.
Ironically, Laver was his idol and his inspiration to take up the sport. A champion in every sense of the word, Pete Sampras was the yardstick for supremacy for more than a decade, going on to win a record 14 Grand Slam titles — 2 more than another Australian great (and another of Pete’s idols), Roy Emerson.
A gentleman on and off the court, Sampras announced his retirement in a moving ceremony on the opening night of the 2003 U.S. Open. The ovation he was given after his farewell speech, was full of respect and emotion — surpassing any he had received during his illustrious career.
For the first time ever in Australia, an exclusive release to commemorate Pete Sampras’ career a “must” for any collector or tennis fan to acquire. A stunning personally-signed lithograph “MERLIN IN WHITE’, features Pete in action at the baseline and net during his amazing run of Grand Slam victories — all of which are listed.
With just 250 non-repeatable editions of the lithograph ever to be made available, we recommend you place your order as quickly as possible. It’s your opportunity to become one of the few Australians to own this outstanding release.
Each individually numbered edition has been personally hand signed by Pete Sampras, and provides you with a perpetual link to one of the all-time greats of tennis. Each edition has been independently authenticated and certified by the major chartered accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Each Pete Sampras “Merlin in White” lithograph features;
- Personally signed by 14 Time Grand Slam Winner Pete Sampras
- Limited edition of 250 units world-wide
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Authenticated and Certified by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Career highlights with action photos
- Approximate frame dimensions of 580mm x 780mm
Shipping / Delivery
- Delivery costs are applicable to any location within Australia and will be calculated at checkout.
- International Shipping will incur additional shipping fees – Further Shipping Fees will apply to your country and must be paid by the Purchaser
- To protect your investment, TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA engages premium courier services that will deliver direct to your door. As such, please ensure that you provide details of your best daytime delivery address, noting that PO Boxes are NOT an option for courier services.
- Please note that the majority of deliveries occur between 9am – 5pm. Please ensure you are entering your most accessible address for this time period (consider your work address as an alternative to your residential address.)
- TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA’s standard delivery timeframes are 7-10 business days (will be longer for international delivery)
- When your order has been despatched, online tracking information will be e-mailed to you. From here, you’ll be able to track the transit of your piece from our door to your door, every step of the way.
- To ensure its safety, all items require the recipient to sign for the package upon arrival; the package cannot be left unattended.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any direct enquiries.