Sachin Tendulkar – Commemorative Facsimile Signed Mini Bat
If one is to try and pinpoint, objectively, the most exceptional aspect of the cricketing career of Sachin Tendulkar, the starting points diverge so wildly that all that can be guaranteed is staunch disagreement. Like any great story, perhaps it’s best to start at the beginning — a prodigious Mumbai adolescent, considered the future of the Indian national side at just 16 years of age. At the time, Tendulkar was the third youngest Test debutant in history, subjected to one of the most predatory bowling attacks of the modern era. Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Imran Khan … and yet the overwhelming reaction of the public was the sheer calmness of the young man at the crease.
Child prodigies have a nasty habit of burning out, however, which may suggest one of Tendulkar’s greatest achievements — longevity. If being one of the youngest debutants of all time wasn’t enough, Tendulkar leaves the Test arena as the oldest current player in the world, and has played more Tests than anyone ever has; daylight second. One of the contributing factors to this run has been a self-discipline that is the envy of his peers; his commitment to training has ensured he has been the first player picked for nearly two decades, while a career devoid of scandal has played its part.
Ultimately, though, the overwhelming majority of the public will be reminded first and foremost of the incredible statistics that have become synonymous with his name. A century of international centuries. The highest aggregates in both Test match cricket and One Day Internationals. The first ever double-century in a One Day International. The most Test centuries in history; for that matter, the most One Day International centuries in history. Nearly 7,000 more international runs in total than any of his esteemed peers. The epitome of the modern-day batsman; following Bradman, the iconic batsman that Test cricket waited so patiently for departs a legend, and on his own terms.
- Mini-bat in pouch paying tribute to the amazing career of the greatest modern-day international batsman
- Facsimile signed by Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar
- Limited to 1000 units worldwide
- Officially licensed by the International Cricket Council
- Replica mini-bat is approximately 40cm in length
- All products must be signed for upon delivery, PO Box addresses are not accepted
- International delivery may incur additional charges in the form of taxes and duties at the cost of the purchaser
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $25.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order