Boxing – Lester Ellis Signed & Framed Limited Edition ‘The Boxers’
Born on March 15, 1965, Lester Ellis earned early success as an amateur, winning the Australian Bantamweight Championship before turning professional in 1983.
The young fighter, now fighting in the Junior Lightweight division, went through 1983 and 1984 undefeated, finishing 1984 by winning the Commonwealth title from Zambian, John Sichula.
His rapid progress reached a peak on February 15, 1985 in Melbourne when he challenged the disturbingly named Korean, Hwan Kil Yuh, for the IBF Junior Lightweight title. After 15 gruelling rounds, Lester Ellis was the new world champion.
However boxing can be a fickle sport, and his meteoric rise up the ranks was equally rapid on the way down…
Just five months later, Lester Ellis – after one successful title defence against Rod Sequenan – lost the world crown to another Victorian, Barry Michael.
Ellis fought on for a number of years and won another world title of sorts by securing the WBF welterweight belt.
An aggressive, hard puncher, he was always an attractive drawcard in Australia.
Each Lester Ellis print is;
- Independently authenticated by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Includes important biographical information, full career statistics and photographic information
- Selected highlights have been beautifully embossed
- Personally signed by: Lester Ellis
- Limited Edition: 350
- Unframed: 390 mm x 390 mm (approx)
Shipping / Delivery
- Shipping Cost – Flat Rate $25.00
- Item will be delivered by Fastway Couriers
- Please allow up to 7-10 days for deliver (varies on where item is being sent
- To arrange express delivery please contact us on (03) 9796 – 5636
- Please Note – Some items are held in stock and are framed to order
- International delivery may occur additional fees & charges, any further duties and taxes are payable applicable to your country and must be paid by the purchaser on delivery.