Tennis – Rod Laver Signed & Framed ‘Rocket – The Rod Laver MBE Commemorative Release’ Print
‘ROCKET’ — THE ROD LAVER MBE COMMEMORATIVE RELEASE’ is the first personalised collectable that Rod Laver has set his hand to.
From the lush green courts of Wimbledon, to the red clay of Roland Garros… From the bigtown bustle of Forest Hills, to the hometown fervour of Kooyong, one player set standards that are yet to be matched… In the golden age of Australian tennis, one rare, red-haired nugget glittered brighter than the rest…
This superb sporting showpiece captures, in both words and photographs, the unique essence of an authentic Australian hero. The photographs used have been meticulously chosen from literally hundreds from around the world. They were taken during some of the most important tournaments of his career, and reveal a distinctive combination of power, and grace. The main colour photograph was taken on centre court, Wimbledon in 1971. This is the photograph personally hand-signed by Rod Laver. The historic photographs border a written tribute that captures the story of an uncommon Australian, and his greatest victories.
A Brief Chronology
· 1956 Won the USTA Under-18 singles and double titles
· 1960 Won Australian Open for the first time
· 1961 Won Wimbledon for the first time
· 1962 Won the Australian, French, Wimbledon, United States, Italian, Swiss,
German, Dutch, Irish, Norwegian, British Hardcourt and London Grasscourt
tournaments. Won the Grand Slam for the first time
· 1963 –1968 Played professional tennis
· 1964 — 1967 Won the professional world title, the Wembley World Professional
Championship four years in succession
· 1968 Won the first Open Wimbledon
· 1969 Won the Grand Slam for the second time
· 1973 Won all six of his matches in the Inter-Zone Davis Cup semi-final against
Czechoslovakia and the final against the USA in Cleveland. Won the first
Australian Indoor Championship
· 1975 Won four tournaments in a row (23 consecutive matches). Retired at age 37.
- Personally hand signed by Rod Laver
- Limited Edition of 1000
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Written tribute to Laver’s Career
Shipping / Delivery
- Delivery costs are applicable to any location within Australia and will be calculated at checkout.
- International Shipping will incur additional shipping fees – Further Shipping Fees will apply to your country and must be paid by the Purchaser
- To protect your investment, TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA engages premium courier services that will deliver direct to your door. As such, please ensure that you provide details of your best daytime delivery address, noting that PO Boxes are NOT an option for courier services.
- Please note that the majority of deliveries occur between 9am – 5pm. Please ensure you are entering your most accessible address for this time period (consider your work address as an alternative to your residential address.)
- TAYLORMADE MEMORABILIA’s standard delivery timeframes are 7-10 business days (will be longer for international delivery)
- When your order has been despatched, online tracking information will be e-mailed to you. From here, you’ll be able to track the transit of your piece from our door to your door, every step of the way.
- To ensure its safety, all items require the recipient to sign for the package upon arrival; the package cannot be left unattended.
- Please contact us at email@example.com with any direct enquiries.